Monday, August 22, 2016

Make It Monday #70 @ The Memory Nest

Hello, hello! Here we are back around to Monday again! I hope that you all had a good weekend. It was a hard weekend for us as we moved our oldest son to college. This is going to take some getting used to!

We have a new sketch up over at The Memory Nest, and this fun sketch is courtesy of Katie Lamb.



As I mentioned above, we moved Matthew to MSU this past weekend, so I guess I was feeling a little...lonesome...maybe a little sad...whatever the case, it made me not miss him quite so much working on a layout about him. Even though we still have Shane at home with us, it still feels like we are experiencing an empty nest. We know that Shane will more than likely be with us always, so Matthew is like the last of the kids that will leave the nest!

I used an older Echo Park collection - Note To Self - for this layout. I have been hanging onto it for a long time, and since I went and bought more paper when we took Matthew to college (hey, it made me feel a tiny bit better!) I figured I better use up some older stuff! This one will have hidden journaling on it - probably on the back since I have so much to say - I just don't think a tag behind the photo will cut it this time!

Be sure to stop by The Memory Nest to see the layouts from the rest of the design team. This is the last sketch in our weekly summer sketch series. There's still time to play along with all of the sketches from July and August, so get those layouts linked up for a chance at the grand prize!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope that you have a fantastic start to the week!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww. Yes it's a mixed blessing time in life for sure Lori!!! LOVE the page, love the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday! :) I love this LO, Lori-- and I felt the same way when we took our eldest-- our only DD-- to college in the next province. I so understand! (HUGZ)) I am also happy I'm not the only journal-er who sometimes uses the BACK of a LO to stash my journaling when I run out of "real estate" on my page! It's a good idea. Our Noah (youngest of 4) will likely be with us always, too. It changes the way you see the children graduating, leaving home, etc... It's just different for parents of children w/ special needs. Back to your LO...LOVE that Echo Park collection- and WOW those clusters are awesome w/ the little viewfinders in them! I remember loving those as a kid. Great job on your LO, especially the touches of red w/ the enamel hearts and ((HUGZ))- he'll be home again soon for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great take on the sketch Lori! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to see them grow up!! It goes so fast. Fabulous layout!! Love the papers!!

    ReplyDelete